Just because it's Christmas and as a special treat, VJ's staff are sharing a few of their all time favourite drinks with you. As always, we encourage you to drink responsibly, or be sure to have a taxi on standby!
'Peach Schnapps Cocktail'
- 1 fl oz / 30 mls Peach Schnapps (Archers Peach Schnapps is perfect)
- Champagne or your favourite Bubbly (ice cold)
- Fresh peach slices (nectarine works well too)
Place a peach slice in the bottom of a champagne flute. Pour schnapps over the peach slice, then top up your flute with Champagne or Bubbly. Remember to eat the peach slice as it absorbs the alcohol quite nicely.
(Submitted by Jacquie)
'The Tommy Gun'
- 2 oz / 60mls Irish Whiskey
- 1/2 oz / 15mls Grand Marnier
- 2 pieces of thinly sliced ginger
- 1 teaspoon apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- lemon twist to decorate
Toss the ginger, lemon juice and jam in a cocktail shaker & muddle thoroughly. Fill shaker with ice, then add Grand Marnier. Shake until well chilled. Strain into glass filled with ice and garnish with lemon twist.
(Submitted by Craig)
- 60mls Baileys
- 60ml Kahlua
- 60ml Frangelico
- 60ml Creme de Cacao
- 600ml pouring cream
- 2 cups ice
- 100 gm Toblerone shavings (to decorate)
Place alcohols, cream and ice in a blender and blend until well combined. Pour into glasses and sprinkle with Toblerone shavings & flaked almonds, if desired.
(submitted by Zavra)
'Cuddles on the Beach' (yes it's the non-alcoholic cousin to 'Sex on the Beach'!)
- 3oz / 90mls cranberry juice
- 2 oz / 60mls grapefruit juice
- 2 oz / 60mls peach nectar
- 2 oz / 60mls lemonade or soda water
Fill a glass with ice cubes. Pour in each ingredient, stir & serve.